CANEns is on its summer schedule. We are looking for bright, ambitious, and talented members to write a Feature Post! If you are interested, contact one of our Editors through this page.
- CANE now has an Etsy site for our Emporium goods (including calendars!) Check it out today!
- Read Paul Properzio’s report from ACL
- This year’s MaFLA Summer Institute will be held August 14-16 at the Winslow Academic Center at Lasell College in Newton, MA. This year features a full Latin track for all three days! Click the link for registration information and a full schedule. CANE is also making it possible for MaFLA to award 5 $100 scholarships for a three-day program. Please write a brief statement of objectives and outcomes to Madelyn Gonnerman to apply.
- Fabulous offerings from ASCANIUS Youth Classics Institute, including exploratory ‘Latin Summer’ for kids in Boston, Birmingham, Northern Virginia and Rome.
- The Boston Area Classics Calendar has a lot going on, and a weekly email digest of upcoming events.
Certamina et Dies Classici et Eventus!
- Registrations are now being accepted for this year’s summer programs organized by the Vergilian Society. The details of these tours can be found here.
- Live in western MA or northern CT and want to practice speaking in Latin? There is a large group that meets weekly in Hadley, MA! For details, contact TJ Howell.
- In the Boston area? Check out the Active Latin Meetup page for events.
- See our new Jobs page for details.
Funding and Professional Development
- The Society for Classical Studies offers several awards for Excellence in Teaching at the Precollegiate Level (deadline September 9).