Some benefits of membership are:
- Contribute to and attend annual events: CANE Annual Meeting and CANE Summer Institute;
- Receipt of the biannual, peer-reviewed New England Classical Journal;
- Access to digital resources – JSTOR and the Loeb Library;
- Access to CANE Press publications and teacher resources;
- Eligibility for CANE Awards, Scholarships, and Grants:
- Awards for Teaching and Distinguished Service
- Scholarships for teachers and students
- Educational and Travel Grants.
CANE membership: two ways to join or renew
CANE’s membership year coincides with its fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). There are two ways to join or renew:
- Online: fill out this Google Form and then use the options selector and “Pay Now” button below to go to our PayPal page for payment. You will receive confirmation via email once your membership or renewal has been processed. Membership registration or renewal is not complete until both the form and the dues payment have been submitted
- Mail: download and print out this PDF form, and send it with a check to the address on the form. (Form updated 6/9/21).
Are you a retired teacher (at any level) who has been a member of CANE for 20 years or more? Contact the Treasurer about your eligibility to become a Member Emeritx, dues-free!
You can also choose to donate to specific CANE initiatives, such as the CANE Endowment Fund, Cornelia Catlin Coulter Scholarship Fund, Barlow-Beach Award Fund, Alison Barker Scholarship Fund, and/or the CANE Summer Institute. Indicate your preferences after you’ve clicked the Donate button below.
Please email the Treasurer with your Institutional Affiliation if your information has changed or with any other requests concerning your contact information.