- It’s not too late to register for the Annual Meeting! It will be held March 6-8 at St. Anselm’s in Manchester, NH.
- The theme for the 2014 CANE Summer Institute is “ “On the Shoulders of Giants”: Greco-Roman Giants and their Modern Emulators.” Registration is forthcoming!
- Registration for this summer’s American Classical League Summer Institute is open!! It’s in Williamsburg, VA! Not to be missed!!
- CLIPEUS is running several Latin speaking meetups in Boston. Check the link for upcoming events.
- The New England Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Language (NECTFL) is at the Copley Place hotel in Boston March 27-30th, and promises a full schedule of Latin seminars, talks, and workshops. Sign up through the NECTFL website.
- The American Philological Association (APA) is accepting applications for three fellowship programs that may be of interest to CANE members. APA membership is not required to submit an application for any of these programs, two of which are named for long-time participants in CANE.
- 2014 Pedagogy Awards. Fellowships to support professional development by both collegiate and precollegiate teachers. Application deadline: March 3.
- 2014 Zeph Stewart Latin Teacher Training Award. Support for individuals seeking to obtain Latin teacher certification. Application deadline: March 3.
- ”The spring meeting of CAM has been tentatively scheduled for Saturday, May 3, 2014 and will be held at Westwood High School (200 Nahatan St, Westwood, MA). The theme of the meeting will be “All Things Augustus” — appropriate for the year in which we celebrate (sive commemorate) the 2000th anniversary of his death.”
- SALVI’s Rusticatio Latin July 2014 immersion weeks and pedagogy seminars are now open for registration.
- The Vergilian Society is holding its first annual Vergil translation contest for students in K-12. To register, sign up here by 18 February. The contest will be the week of 24-28 February.
- McGill is offering a summer course in Classical Studies in June and July. Check out their flyer.