Here are some of the interesting stories, articles, and miscellany we found interesting this week.
- Phuc Tran, who studied Classics at UMASS, gives an excellent Ted Talk on identity, thought, and grammatical mood.
- Garum discovered off the coast of Italy?
- A site where Caesar wiped out two Germanic tribes, the Tencteri and the Usipetes, may have been found in the Netherlands. Read the story in de bello Gallico, liber quartus.
- Horace’s birthday was Dec. 8th, and to celebrate Tyrtarion has recorded a lovely version of Horace Ode 1.11.
- A discussion from the blog of the Classics Department at the University of Glasgow about a rediscovered adagia manuscript.