Here are some of the items that caught our eye this week!
- An opinion piece from the New York Times on the so-called “Brexit”, the upcoming vote about England’s future with the EU, looking at that country’s long, complicated history with the rest of Europe.
- CoinWeek.com reports that Italy is minting a 2 Euro coin this year celebrating Plautus. Check out their Ancient Coin news section, too, available from the top bar of the site.
- Daniel Foster at Zocalo Public Square ruminates on the lessons Greek oracles might have for modern democracy. Irina Dumitresu at the same site discusses the value of humanities in prisons in communist Romania.
- Gesine Manuwald gives an interview on Classics Confidential about neo-Latin poetry in Scotland.
- Annalisa Merelli looks through the migrant issue in Europe through a historical, Roman lens.