- Last chance to register for the CANE Summer Institute, which runs until 1 June. There is still space available. Carpe diem!
Beyond CANE Announcements
- Deadline to apply for ACL’s executive committee positions is 1 June.
- Registration for Belmont Abbey College’s Veterum Sapientia ends 1 June.
- The World Languages Department at Wenatchee Valley College announces a new web site to support its Latin program as well as spoken-Latin activities in the Pacific Northwest. “Boreoccidentales” provides a forum for the events and activities of the Circulus Latinus Seattlensis (“Seattle Latin-Speaking Club”) and the Conventiculum Vasintoniense/Septimana Californiana. The web site also houses Cataracta, an online journal, with works by modern Latin authors. Inclusion in the online journal is open to anyone, world-wide! For more information, please contact Dr. Stephen Berard through the “Contact Us” web form at http://www.boreoccidentales.
- Septimana Californiana, based on the lovely campus of Loyola Marymount University, is a full-immersion Latin workshop offering thought-provoking discussions, readings from Latin literature, Latin composition exercises, communal meals (most of which are included in the price), and informative lectures given by expert Latin speakers on a variety of topics. Participants will also enjoy guided tours, given in Latin, to many of Los Angeles’ sights. Excursions include the Huntington Library, the Getty Center, the Long Beach Aquarium, and downtown Los Angeles.
Program Dates: July 1-8, 2013
Head Instructor: Dr. Stephen Berard, World Languages, Wenatchee Valley College.