- The Emporium Romanum has lots of great things for any occasion!
- The application deadline for the Barker and Means Scholarships (high school student scholarship for travel) and the next Discretionary Grant is December 1st.
- The Alison Barker Travel Scholarship application is due December 1st, and provides $750 for undergraduates to help fund organized travel to classics sites abroad.
- Know a great teacher who’s got wit, enthusiasm, optimism, and loyalty? Then nominate that person for CANE’s Matthew I. Weincke Award. Nominations are due by December 31st.
- Fabulous offerings from ASCANIUS Youth Classics Institute, including opportunities to volunteer.
- The Boston Area Classics Calendar has a lot going on, and a weekly email digest of upcoming events.
- The Department of Classics at Brown University presents its 68th annual program of readings and songs in the spirit of the season, conducted entirely in Latin, on Monday, December 7th, 8:00 pm, at the First Baptist Meeting House, 75 North Main Street, Providence, RI. (English translations are provided, for those whose Latin is a little rusty.) Admission is free; all are welcome.
- The American School of Classical Studies at Athens is offering the M. Alison Frantz Fellowship to Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. grads. Click here for more details. Deadline is January 15.
- The College of the Holy Cross is offering a full tuition scholarship to members of the class of 2020 who wish to major in the Classics – please let interested students know! The deadline is January 15, 2016. See here for more details.
- The Annual Harry de Forest Smith Scholarship Exam in Greek:
- For students of Greek, Amherst College offers a freshman scholarship to be awarded on the basis of a competitive examination taken in their senior year of high school. The next examination is scheduled for Friday, February 12, 2016, in each school in which there is one or more candidate(s) for the scholarship. Announcement of the award will be made when the successful competitor is notified of admission to Amherst College, on or about April 1. In order to qualify the competitor must have made application for admission to Amherst College. (The deadline for regular applications to Amherst College is January 1, 2016.) The holder of the scholarship will be required to take one of the regular courses in the Department of Greek during the freshman year at Amherst.For more information contact: Classics@amherst.edu
- The Granite State Certamen (open to students in MA, NH, and VT) is happening December 5th, 9:30-2:30, at Dover High School in New Hampshire. Interested schools should contact Mrs. Jennifer Connelly by November 23rd to register.
- The Pioneer Valley Classics Day is being held January 15th from 9-2 p.m. at Mt. Holyoke College in South Hadley, MA. There will be workshops, art contests, oral interpretations, certamina, museum visits, and a play produced by Amherst Middle School Latin students. Please contact Bruce Arnold for details and registration packets.
- The Paideia Institute is hosting a Living Latin in New York City event February 13-14, 2016. Early-bird registration is due by January 1st. See their website for additional programs and events!
- Live in western MA or northern CT and want to practice speaking in Latin? There is a large group that meets every Thursday at 7 p.m. in Hadley, MA! For details, contact TJ Howell.
- In the Boston area? Check out the Active Latin Meetup page for events.
- All job opportunities are posted here!