- The Emporium Romanum has lots of great things for any occasion!
- Know a great teacher who’s got wit, enthusiasm, optimism, and loyalty? Then nominate that person for CANE’s Matthew I. Weincke Award. Nominations are due by December 31st.
- CANE has a number of scholarships and awards for study abroad open to both current teachers and undergraduate students of the Classics. The deadline for many of these is January 15th or February 1st. For a complete list of funding, awards and scholarships, see our page here.
- Fabulous offerings from ASCANIUS Youth Classics Institute, including opportunities to volunteer.
- Registration for SALVI’s Rusticationes Tirorum, Veteranorum, and their Pedagogy Seminar is now open for July 2016. For more information, or to find out how to apply for the Amy High Fellowship, point your browser at Latin.org.
- The Boston Area Classics Calendar has a lot going on, and a weekly email digest of upcoming events.
- If you live in the western Massachusetts, northern Connecticut, or southern Vermont area you may be interested in Amherst College’s list of upcoming and past lectures in the Pioneer Valley area.
- The American School of Classical Studies at Athens is offering the M. Alison Frantz Fellowship to Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. grads. Click here for more details. Deadline is January 15.
- The College of the Holy Cross is offering a full tuition scholarship to members of the class of 2020 who wish to major in the Classics – please let interested students know! The deadline is January 15, 2016. See here for more details.
- The Annual Harry de Forest Smith Scholarship Exam in Greek:
- For students of Greek, Amherst College offers a freshman scholarship to be awarded on the basis of a competitive examination taken in their senior year of high school. The next examination is scheduled for Friday, February 12, 2016, in each school in which there is one or more candidate(s) for the scholarship. Announcement of the award will be made when the successful competitor is notified of admission to Amherst College, on or about April 1. In order to qualify the competitor must have made application for admission to Amherst College. (The deadline for regular applications to Amherst College is January 1, 2016.) The holder of the scholarship will be required to take one of the regular courses in the Department of Greek during the freshman year at Amherst.For more information contact: Classics@amherst.edu
- The Pioneer Valley Classics Day is being held January 15th from 9-2 p.m. at Mt. Holyoke College in South Hadley, MA. There will be workshops, art contests, oral interpretations, certamina, museum visits, and a play produced by Amherst Middle School Latin students. Please contact Bruce Arnold for details and registration packets.
- The Paideia Institute is hosting a Living Latin in New York City event February 13-14, 2016. Early-bird registration is due by January 1st. See their website for additional programs and events!
- Live in western MA or northern CT and want to practice speaking in Latin? There is a large group that meets every Thursday at 7 p.m. in Hadley, MA! For details, contact TJ Howell.
- In the Boston area? Check out the Active Latin Meetup page for events.